Pitch in the Zone – Alexander van der Mey – October 22, 2020

• Pitch in the Zone – Alexander van der Mey – October 22, 2020

Presenter Zone updated 1 month ago 1 Member · 2 Posts
  • Presenter Zone

Organizer
    October 22, 2020 at 9:52 am

This week’s presenter at Pitch in the Zone was Alexander van der Mey, CCO of Optimeyes, an intuitive intelligent solution for ophthalmologists.

Alexander found so much value in this session, he already signed up to return as a presenter on November 12 to show how he incorporated today’s feedback.

Here’s the recording:

https://youtu.be/ZrSpyHxlA7E

• Presenter Zone

Organizer
    October 22, 2020 at 9:55 am

Michael Marchuk: Start was a bit rocky. Perhaps connect with your audience … “what would you do without your eyes?” “what would happen if you had to have eye surgery?”

Michael Marchuk: Connect emotionally… our eyes are precious

Michael Marchuk: Choose an audience … and speak to that persona so that you don’t wander as you talk about what you do.

Michael Marchuk: At the end, I still wasn’t sure what your software actually did. I know it created a “digital twin” but it wasn’t clear on why that was important…

Michael Marchuk: You mentioned the manual process (using paper) to plan the procedures that are done with the very technical machines, but I didn’t connect how your software fixes that exactly.

SAMANTHA WORRELL: Great tip about 120-150 words per min. Thanks Scottie! I always learn a new tip on PITZ!

Michael Marchuk: If you are starting to talk with investors in any way, you’ll want to explain HOW you make money and WHAT you’ll need their money to spend on when they invest.

Michael Marchuk: I agree with Scottie, there were no “credentials” that were presented. If you have software that can do this mapping, was it done as a school project or do you have a dozen PhD’s that helped to craft this software for ophthalmologists. Were ophthalmologists consulted?

Scottie Spurzem: Re awards – It depends on the award and you need to articulate the value of the award

Scottie Spurzem: Is the software currently in use and if so where? That wasn’t clear as I thought I heard “We will do this” as opposed to “We do this for diagnostics”…

Scottie Spurzem: With regard to “Why you” – ref “the humble brag” it may be you or regarding the origins of Optimo Medical – something true and memorable . ;-}

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Presenter Zone Icon

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.