Pitch in the Zone – Jami Becker – December 17, 2020

• Pitch in the Zone – Jami Becker – December 17, 2020

Presenter Zone updated 1 month ago 1Member · 2 Posts
  • Presenter Zone

Organizer
    December 17, 2020 at 9:04 am

This week’s presenter at Pitch in the Zone was Jami Becker, founder of The Civil Arts, a framework for artists and designers to support social action causes through merchandise sales and virtual tours.

This was Jami’s second time in the zone and the coaches were impressed with the improvements…and provided valuable feedback how to take this pitch to yet another level.

Here’s the recording of the session: https://youtu.be/G-vifTb3nzg

• Presenter Zone

Organizer
    December 17, 2020 at 9:10 am

Dave Alburty: I think a for-profit can accept sponsorships, just need to make sure they know their donation isn’t tax-deductible

Michael Marchuk: Agree with Dave. Non-for-profit has different implications, which may be the direction you want to go, but you need to determine the “why” of your business plan. If there is a desire to sell things, that sounds like for-profit.

Michael Marchuk: If you’re just providing “grants” to the artists, it may look more like a non-profit

Michael Marchuk: As always, I’m not an lawyer, I just play one on Zoom calls.. 😉

Marco Vezzale: Of course, when you share the screen, play the slides in full screen mode, not in the “editing” mode 🙂

Scottie Spurzem: Per Liderman’s comments when you address the technology you can talk about your provisional patents. Also, at the end a call to action can be to get a demo!

Dave Alburty: Are you also pitching for more artists?

Dave Alburty: thanks!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Presenter Zone Icon

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.