Pitch in the Zone – Linda Van Horn – October 1, 2020

• Pitch in the Zone – Linda Van Horn – October 1, 2020

• Presenter Zone

Organizer
    October 1, 2020 at 9:36 am

This week’s presenter at Pitch in the Zone was Linda Van Horn who practiced an investor pitch for iShare Medical, the company that makes it easy to send and receive electronic medical information

Here is the recording of the session: https://youtu.be/k9LC1zBARHI

Linda thrives on feedback. Please help her further improve her pitch in the comments. Thank you!

• Presenter Zone

Organizer
    October 1, 2020 at 9:54 am

Michael Marchuk: Coming from a robotic process automation platform, I understand the critical issues related to non-digital data transfer…especially with government entities. Is this a service or a platform?

Michael Marchuk: I didn’t see much on the business plan on how you make money…

Michael Marchuk: You mentioned yourself several times (and your credentials)

Michael Marchuk: Current business?

Michael Marchuk: Not sure you had to pull it out, but you can be mentioning the facts as they relate to your service. Customers, transactions, income streams, security framework, etc. can always be slipped in as you discuss your proposition.

Michael Marchuk: Solving the transmission medium (fax) may not solve the actual problem (accurate, secure, timely data sharing)

Michael Marchuk: A simple mention of the fax age and that we’re still using it was enough….

Michael Marchuk: Do you have a “dinner-party” pitch?

Nathan Gold: Okay. Michael: After 13 years of doing elevator pitches, you just hit on one of the best metaphors for these kinds of pitches…The dinner-party pitch! Love it!!!

Nathan Gold: Investors do not want deep dive until due diligence.

Scottie Spurzem: I love the “diner party pitch” idea!

Scottie Spurzem: *dinner 😉

Marco Vezzale: Diners provide some of the best food in NJ/NY 🙂

Nathan Gold: WE have a new metaphor for helping each other with pitches…Who needs an elevator pitch when you can use your dinner party pitch! Michael will now be quoted for the rest of my career. Thank you Michael.

Scottie Spurzem: The best way to get to the “dinner-party” pitch is to try it out on people who know nothing about you and the industry.

Linda VanHorn iShare Medical: Fax was invested by Alexander Bain in 1843

Michael Marchuk: Good point, Samantha…. you NEVER know when you have an opportunity, timed or not….

Michael Marchuk: Create the story that you can tell that drives others to ask more questions because they are interested…

SAMANTHA WORRELL: a good place to test Michaels dinner party pitch is LinkedIn stories, where you have only 20 seconds

Chris Dundon: I like the LinkedIn story idea. Thank you Samantha

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Presenter Zone Icon

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.